Winter Is Here For All - GoT Ascent
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reincarnation Guide

2 posters

Go down

Reincarnation Guide Empty Reincarnation Guide

Post by Admin Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:03 pm

This is intended to be a comprehensive guide to reincarnation, done from the standpoint of completing each reincarnation as quickly as possible. What is posted here is for the benefit of members of Winter is Here for All, and no one else. Do not repeat, repost, or otherwise discuss it's contents outside of the alliance. When Disruptor Beam became aware reincarnations were being done as quickly as we have been able to do them, they nerfed it, putting in measures to ensure it could not be done this quickly. If it becomes public knowledge that we can do so, it seems logical they would take further steps to lengthen the process.

The purpose of reincarnation is simple - to save a talent as permanent. To get there, you progress through the storyline, completing the Prologue and the entirety of Volume 1 (all 10 chapters and the epilogue). At that point you are offered a quest called 'Cycle of Rebirth'. Answering Gammer in the affirmative through three steps brings up the screen to choose your permanent talent, after which you restart the game, back at the tutorial, and make all of your choices again. Keep your same name/picture or change them. The same goes for your lineage and what House you wish to pledge fealty to. What level you are, your alignments, nothing else matters except completing Volume 1. Only items and Sworn Swords marker 'Permanent' will go with you when you start over. These include items and Sworn Swords you have purchased with gold, and ones you have altered with gold, by purchasing a seal slot. There are a few items which are already permanent, like the Valyrian Steel Dagger, but they are rare. Many longevity gifts from Disruptor Beam are permanent items, as well.

As such, the secret to reincarnating quickly, obviously, is doing the quests as fast as possible. The obvious method for that is using Bread. Bread is made in the Sept, and always goes with you when you reincarnate, as do other consumables like Nettle Poultices, Bacon, Mead, etc. The other method for shortening the process is the use of items and upgrades which shorten timers. Faster Battle actions, if your Sworn Swords are Fight, Harass, or Aid based, will shorten the time needed to complete a quest using one of those actions. The same goes for Trade and Intrigue. Purchased items like Needle and the Direwolf Patriarch have traits which act as speedups and are helpful in the process. Some seals contain speedups, and can be placed on Sworn Swords, or on equipment. There is also a building upgrade for Battle and Intrigue which speeds up it's actions, 5 levels of upgrade, each increasing speed by 1% for Battle, and 2% for Intrigue. For Battle, that building is the Blacksmith, and the upgrade is the Horseshoes. For Intrigue, the building is the Embassy, and the upgrade is the Foreign Diplomat.

The two biggest upgrades are a total of 24% for each, 8 levels at 3% each. One is Sand Steed, a House of Martell upgrade which costs 10 gold to unlock. The other is the free talent for each attack/aid ability which unlocks at level 30. So powerful are each, that taking Sand Steed as a permanent talent (actually 8 permanent talents, in order to get all levels) is an early priority in the reincarnation cycle and 'Stockpiling' talent points so you make level 30 with 8 unused points waiting are major tenets of successfully lowering reincarnation time substantially. And since the points do not unlock until level 30, getting yourself to level 30 as quickly as possible is a major priority. Remember, leveling is a combination of completing quests and purchasing buildings and building upgrades. Since questing is the path to reincarnation, the bread and such to complete quests quickly is the primary focus. But getting to 30 FAST is also major. To that end, after you purchase Counting House and Village Center upgrades, the next priority, in my opinion, is to buy as many of the cheapest upgrades as you can get. Priority should be for your preferred attack/aid path, but none should be ignored. And to further aid that effort, the Baratheon talent 'Decree' reduces building and upgrade silver cost by 3% x 8 levels.

So my order for reincarnation choices, personally, would be:
Arbor (fealty building for House Tyrell) for the grain for bread. You NEVER have too much bread.
Fishery (fealty building for House Tully) for the fish for bread - ditto
Optional - The Feast (fealty building for House Baratheon) for wood. You can make enough wood in the Village Center, but you will be making it a LOT.
Sand Steed 1-8
Decree 1-8

Yep, that's right.. 18-19 reincarnations, just to get ready to do.. reincarnations! But the payoff? I am currently doing 2 day reincarnations, something at least one guide expert on Wiki thought no longer possible. That's 15 a month. I figure there are roughly 18 points I want, from 7 houses. About 126 points. 252 days. Unless I take a day off.. almost 9 months. Crazy, huh? But.. do you think the people we AvA/ptp against will have this kind of talents to use? We should dominate! And you needn't do them consecutively, obviously. It IS a game, not a job. But when it comes to games, I *really* like to be the best. If you do, as well, come join the reincarnation train. We'll rock this joint!

Last edited by Admin on Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:56 pm; edited 2 times in total

Admin
Admin

https://wihfa.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Reincarnation Guide Empty Re: Reincarnation Guide

Post by Daeron Rivers Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:40 pm

Thanks for posting this. I have been playing for about 3 months; although I'm doing well with the game, you've definitely given me food for thought as to how to optimize the way we use reincarnation.

Last edited by Daeron Rivers on Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

Daeron Rivers

Back to top Go down

Post by Daeron Rivers Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:02 pm

Question: is there a palpable difference between putting an item for speedup on a main character as opposed to a single sworn sword? For example: if I give my main character a direwolf patriarch as a companion (or some other gear that confers a speedup), does its speed bonus extend to all my sworn swords, or does that companion/weapon/armour only have an impact on individual sworn swords?

Daeron Rivers

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:13 pm

Yes, my main character wears Oathkeeper, Bronn's Armor, and has a Dire Wolf Patriarch. All bonuses are passed down to all SS's.

Admin
Admin

https://wihfa.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Daeron Rivers Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:16 pm

Alright, thanks for clearing that up.

Daeron Rivers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content